The Facilities department is comprised of district-wide facilities planning and community requests for the use of district locations.
|Interim Director of Facilities Planning|
|Facilities Planning Assistant|
- Department Overview
- Public Notices
- CUPCCAA Public Notice
- CUPCCAA Proposal Request for Services <$45,000
- Measure M
- Public Works Contractor Registration (PWCR)
- Development Fee Justification Study
The Facilities Planning Department serves the District by developing and renovating school facilities to accommodate existing and projected students and staff. The process includes goal definition in collaboration with site and district administration, plan development with architect, and others, development of a finance plan with government grants, joint use, fees, special taxes, and bonds.
The department acts as property acquisition agent to buy land, liaison to other agencies reviewing and approving school projects such as the City, County, California Department of Education, Office of Public School Construction, Division of State Architect, Department of Toxic Substances Control, Merced Irrigation District, PG & E, and other state agencies.
The department manages construction bids, and contract administration during construction, administers the District labor compliance program, and reports to the State project expenditures and answers state audit questions.
The department acts as a liaison regarding facility issues with outside organizations such as the Building Industry Association, the media, athletic booster organizations, and community groups. The Director is the District’s designated California Environmental Quality Act Officer and deals with city planning issues affecting the District.
The Facilities Planning Department also collects developer fees on behalf of the elementary school districts in the rural area and within the boundaries of
The Merced Union High School District (“District”) has elected to become subject to the CUPCCAA procedures in accordance with Public Contract Code Section 22032. The District is inviting licensed contractors to submit information for inclusion on the District’s list of Pre-Registered Bidders for the 2017 calendar year.
- Robert (Bob) Boesch - Winton
- Ida Johnson - Merced
- Jeffrey Terry - Merced
- Carmen Fuentes Gutierrez - Livingston
- William Rogers - Merced
- Rick Scurich - Merced
- Elizabeth Winningham - Atwater
The Committee shall consist of a minimum of seven (7) members appointed by the Board of Trustees from a list of candidates submitting written applications, and based on criteria established by Prop 39.
- One (1) member shall be the parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District (Terry).
- One (1) member shall be both a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District and active in a parent-teacher organization, such as the P.T.A. or a school site council (Fuentes Gutierrez).
- One (1) member active in a business organization representing the business community located in the District (Boesch).
- One (1) member active in a senior citizen's organization (Scurich).
- One (1) member active in a bona-fide taxpayers association (Johnson).
- Two (2) members of the community at large (Winningham & Rogers).