Bloss Senior Application
Criteria…. Who is Eligible?
- NO APPLICANT WILL BE AWARDED THE BLOSS SCHOLARSHIP MORE THAN FOUR YEARS.
- Must meet all requirements for graduation by June of application year.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of no less than 2.75 for the first seven semesters of high school.
- Must enroll in an accredited California post-secondary school.
ELIGIBILITY OF APPLICANTS
- Bloss awards must be applied for ANNUALLY. Applications are available online after DECEMBER 1st at MUHSD.org.
- Applications must be submitted on or before MARCH 20th
- If you change colleges after May 25th, contact Theresa Nichols at 325-2036 or email: email@example.com
DEADLINE: MARCH 20TH
DISBURSEMENT OF AWARDS
- Awards for community college are disbursed in the amount of $300 per year.
- Awards granted to a student attending a four-year institution or vocational program vary depending on available funds (ranging from $500 to $2000).
- Awards will be disbursed in two equal payments annually (September and January) to the financial aid office of the college you are attending.
- The first one-half of the award will be disbursed in September and sent to the College you noted on the application.
- College will verify full time enrollment of 12 or more units.
- The second one-half will be disbursed upon verification of enrollment by the college in January.
- Completion of 12 or more units for the immediately preceding semester or quarter with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Bloss awards shall not be made to students where the receipt of such award would reduce the amounts of awards from other sources.
THE APPLICATION CANNOT BE SAVED. Before you start the application, complete a BRIEF essay (3000 characters or less) describing your future plans; both academic and vocational.
For questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL IN THE EMAIL.
Must be submitted by midnight March 20th
If you change colleges after May 25th, contact Theresa Nichols at 325-2036 or email: email@example.com