Step 1. Meet with your supervisor or site administrator to obtain the necessary forms and account codes for the travel expense.
Step 2. Enter a requisition for registration, hotel, transportation, and out of pocket expenses separately.
Step 3. Register for conference/workshop, make hotel reservations, and reserve a district vehicle (unless you plan on driving your own vehicle). You will pick up hotel check from the Business Department at the District Office, 1-2 days prior to departure.
Step 4. Wait for your purchase order reimbursement package to arrive at your site/department. Keep all your receipts that will be claimed for reimbursement.
Step 5. Once the conference is over complete the reimbursement claim form, including obtaining required signatures, and send completed reimbursement packet to Summer Eagle in Accounts Payable at the District Office.
Step 6. It will take about ten working days to receive your reimbursement check which is mailed to the address listed on the Out of Pocket claim form.
- Sample Requisition/Purchase Order
- Special Instructions/Policies
- Out of Pocket Claim Form
- QSS Attachments
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Out of State Field Trips
- Professional Development Conference/Travel Request (in or out of state)
Toiletry Donations from Travel
Homeless students often go without the basic necessities. Please donate your unused hotel toiletries to MUHSD Equity & Accountability Dept. We will distribute collected items to our homeless and foster youth. You may take items to your site’s clothing closet or drop off at the DISC, corner of G Street & Olive Avenue, Merced. Items may also be sent through the District Mail to Niza Hernandez at the DISC. Questions? Call 325-2113
Share the gift of a fresh start!
- Mileage is reimbursed round trip from your work location to the conference and round trip from the hotel to the conference.
- You may estimate or round the miles to a whole number if you wish.
- Our district reimbursement rate for mileage is currently $0.545.
- (Miles X $0.545 = Total Reimbursement Amount).