Mandated Reporter Training
What Must be Reported
Any of the below acts involving anyone under the age of 18:
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
The Mandated Reporter must only have reasonable suspicion that a child has been mistreated; no evidence or proof is required prior to making a report.
The case will be further investigated by law enforcement and/or child welfare services.
How To Report
BY PHONE Immediately, or as soon as possible, make a telephone report to child welfare services and/or to a Police or Sheriff’s department.
- Child Welfare Services phone number: 209-385-3104 (209-722-9915 after 4:45 pm, weekends, or holidays)
- Local Police Departments
- Merced Police Department 209-385-8836
- Atwater Police Department 209-357-6384
- Livingston Police Department 209-394-7917
- Sheriff’s Department phone number 209-385-7444
IN WRITING Within 36 hours, a written report must be sent, faxed or submitted electronically. The written report must be submitted on the state form 8572 which is linked below.
When In Doubt, Report It Out!
Other Forms & Resources
Please download the form below: