Parent Financial Aid Workshops
Completing the FAFSA or CADA
What you will need to complete your FAFSA & CADA:
- Create an email for both parent and student (If you do not already have one, you can not use your school email).
- Drivers license if applicable
- Parent and student 2019 federal tax income return
- 2019 income information (W-2 Forms)
- List of colleges you are interested in attending
- FAFSA Application (FAFSA)
- Create a Parent & Student FSA ID @ (Account Link).
- Parent and student’s Social Security Number
- CADA - Dream Act Application (California Dream Act)
- Your Work Social Security or Individual Tax-payer Identification # (ITIN), if you are not a Citizen (Alien Registration Number)
Need Help Completing Your FAFSA or Dream Act Application
Bring a laptop and complete your free FAFSA or CADA application; parents and students are welcome to attend a workshop at any location.
Workshops Conducted by:
- UC Merced and Merced College Financial Aid Advisors
- MUHSD College, Scholarship and Financial Aid Counselor and Technician
- Cal Soap Representatives
FAFSA determines eligibility for Cal Grant, Pell Grant, University Grants, Work Study, and Subsidized Loan Programs.
To qualify for Cal Grant you must file the FAFSA or Cal Dream Act by March 2nd.