Fred B. Fancher AG Scholarship
*Opens January 3rd and the deadline is on March 2nd!
Fred Fancher Scholarships for Senior and Alumni Scholarships are intended for qualified seniors and past graduates (Initial & Renewal applicants) from Merced Union High School District who have demonstrated an interest in the broad field of agriculture. The 4-year renewable scholarship is awarded to students who pursue a course of study, directly or indirectly related to an Ag field. An Agriculture major is defined as a program of related courses, successful completion of which, along with other requirements, is recognized by the award of the appropriate degree or certificate. A major includes courses required by the department level prerequisites to the courses so required. Welding, Animal Science, Ag Business, or any major in an Ag-related field, etc. are acceptable majors. Must have a 2.5 GPA and completed one Agriculture class in high school. TO QUALIFY FOR THE FANCHER SCHOLARSHIP AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT FROM ALL COLLEGES ATTENDED MUST BE SENT TO MUHSD AFTER FALL GRADES ARE POSTED.
- The Merced Union High School District senior shall maintain a 2.5 GPA. College Student must be enrolled in an agriculture program and maintain a 2.5 GPA in college.
- The student must enroll in an accredited California college and complete twelve (12) semester units each semester or 12 quarter units per quarter, based on a three quarter system.
- Awards vary depending on funds. Must enroll in a 2 or 4 year accredited California college.
- Applicants may reapply each year and receive the scholarship for up to a maximum of 4 years.
- On or about June, applicants will be notified of the award amount or the reason for denial.
- Completed online application
- High school seniors your transcript will be submitted by the College Scholarship Office.
- College applicant must submit an official transcript of all colleges attended including community college course work completed during high school by the application deadline.
- Applicant's are responsible for seeing that transcripts are received by the deadline date.
Mail to: MUHSD C/O Fancher Scholarship P.O Box 2147 Merced, CA 95344
(Post mark deadline March 2nd)
Official electronic transcripts (e-transcripts) from all colleges will be accepted when verification is provided that the transcripts were submitted directly from the college or university to the Fancher Scholarship Committee. The Fancher Scholarship Committee will not accept e-transcripts that were sent directly to an individual student. Electronic transcripts must be sent to email@example.com by midnight March 5th.
NOTE: A complete transcript must include fall semester grades.
If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Perez at (209) 325-2051 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you change colleges after May 25th or have questions regarding disbursement, Contact Theresa Nichols :
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 209-325-2036