Fred B. Fancher AG Scholarship
*Opens in January and the deadline is on March 2nd!
Fred Fancher Scholarships for Senior and Alumni Scholarships are intended for qualified seniors and alumni (Initial & Renewal applicants) from Merced Union High School District who have demonstrated an interest in the broad field of agriculture. The 4-year renewable scholarship is awarded to students who pursue a course of study, directly or indirectly related to an Ag field. An Agriculture major is defined as a program of related courses, successful completion of which, along with other requirements, is recognized by the award of the appropriate degree or certificate. A major includes courses required by the department level prerequisites to the courses so required. Welding, Animal Science, Ag Business, or any major in an Ag-related field, etc. are acceptable majors. Must have a 2.5 GPA and completed one Agriculture class in high school.
- The Merced Union High School District senior shall maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- College Student must be enrolled in an agriculture program and maintain a 2.5 GPA in college.
- Awards vary depending on funds.
- Must enroll in a 2 or 4 year accredited California college full time.
- Applicants may reapply each year and receive the scholarship for up to a maximum of 4 years.
- On or about June, applicants will be notified of the award amount or the reason for denial.
- Completed online application
- High school seniors transcripts will be submitted by the College Scholarship Office.
- College applicant must submit an official transcript from current college.
- Recommendation Statement Form for initial college and senior applicants.
- Recommendation Statement Form must be completed by High School Ag Teacher, 4-H leader, College Instructor or Administration. Send this link to your recommender: t.ly/axA8
- Applicant's are responsible for seeing that transcripts are received by the deadline date.
Mail to: MUHSD C/O Fancher Scholarship P.O Box 2147 Merced, CA 95344
(Post mark deadline March 2nd)
Official electronic transcripts (e-transcripts) from current college will be accepted when verification is provided that the transcript was submitted directly from the college or university to the Fancher Scholarship Committee. Electronic transcripts must be sent to Debbie Perez by midnight March 2nd.
NOTE: A complete transcript must include fall semester grades.
If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Perez at (209) 325-2051.
If you change colleges after May 25th or have questions regarding disbursement, Contact Theresa Nichols at (209) 325-2036