Fred B. Fancher AG Scholarship (Deadline March 27th)
Fred B. Fancher scholarships are granted annually to qualified Merced Union High School District students who have demonstrated an interest in the broad field of agriculture and who wish to pursue a course of study, directly or indirectly related to that field. An Agriculture major is defined as a program of related courses, successful completion of which, along with other requirements, is recognized by award of the appropriate degree. A major includes courses required by the department level prerequisites to the courses so required. Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Chemistry, etc. are acceptable majors.
To begin application see below.
- The Merced Union High School District senior shall maintain a 2.5 GPA. College Student must be enrolled in an agriculture program and maintain a 2.5 GPA in college.
- The student must enroll in an accredited California college and complete twelve (12) semester units each semester or 12 quarter units per quarter, based on a three quarter system.
- Awards vary depending on funds. Must enroll in a 2 or 4 year accredited California college.
- Applicants may reapply each year and receive the scholarship for up to a maximum of 4 years.
- On or about June, applicants will be notified of the award amount or the reason for denial.
- The APPLICATION CANNOT BE SAVED.Before you start the application, complete a brief essay of your future plans and ambitions and what led to your interest in agriculture (250-300 words or less).
- Completed online application
- High school seniors your transcript will be submitted by the College Scholarship Office.
- College and initial applicant must submit an official transcript of all colleges attended by the application deadline.
- Recommendation Sheet - For High School Seniors and initial College Applicants only, you must include a Recommendation Statement.
- Applicant's are responsible for seeing that transcripts are received by the deadline date.
Send Recommendation sheet and transcript's by the Deadline
Mail to: MUHSD C/O Fancher Scholarship P.O Box 2147 Merced, CA 95344
Hand Deliver to: MUHSD C/O Fancher Scholarship 3430 A Street, Atwater, CA 95301
If you change colleges after May 25th or have questions regarding disbursement, Contact Theresa Nichols :