Fred B. Fancher AG Scholarship (Deadline March 5th)
Fred Fancher Scholarships for Senior and Alumni Scholarships are intended for qualified seniors and past graduates (Initial & Renewal applicants) from Merced Union High School District who have demonstrated an interest in the broad field of agriculture. The 4-year renewable scholarship is awarded to students who pursue a course of study, directly or indirectly related to an Ag field. An Agriculture major is defined as a program of related courses, successful completion of which, along with other requirements, is recognized by the award of the appropriate degree or certificate. A major includes courses required by the department level prerequisites to the courses so required. Welding, Animal Science, Ag Business, or any major in an Ag-related field, etc. are acceptable majors. Must have a 2.5 GPA and completed one Agriculture class in high school. TO QUALIFY FOR THE FANCHER SCHOLARSHIP AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT FROM ALL COLLEGES ATTENDED MUST BE SENT TO MUHSD AFTER FALL GRADES ARE POSTED.
To begin application see below.
- The Merced Union High School District senior shall maintain a 2.5 GPA. College Student must be enrolled in an agriculture program and maintain a 2.5 GPA in college.
- The student must enroll in an accredited California college and complete twelve (12) semester units each semester or 12 quarter units per quarter, based on a three quarter system.
- Awards vary depending on funds. Must enroll in a 2 or 4 year accredited California college.
- Applicants may reapply each year and receive the scholarship for up to a maximum of 4 years.
- On or about June, applicants will be notified of the award amount or the reason for denial.
- Completed online application
- High school seniors your transcript will be submitted by the College Scholarship Office.
- College applicant must submit an official transcript of all colleges attended including community college course work completed during high school by the application deadline.
- Applicant's are responsible for seeing that transcripts are received by the deadline date.
For the year 2021, the application will be available through Going Merry on January 21, 2021. You can start creating your Going Merry profile to prepare for the application process.
*Scholarship Application Opens Jan 21, 2021
Send Recommendation sheet and transcript's by the Deadline
Mail to: MUHSD C/O Fancher Scholarship P.O Box 2147 Merced, CA 95344
Hand Deliver to: MUHSD C/O Fancher Scholarship 3430 A Street, Atwater, CA 95301
(PLEASE LEAVE TRANSCRIPT IN DROP BOX OUTSIDE ENTRANCE)
If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Perez at (209) 325-2051 or email@example.com
If you change colleges after May 25th or have questions regarding disbursement, Contact Theresa Nichols :
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 209-325-2036