Bloss Graduate Scholarship
Who is Eligible?
Must have graduated from the Merced Union High School District no earlier than 1973, or any year thereafter.
- Minimum Cumulative College GPA of 2.8.
- Must be enrolled in a California accredited post-secondary school.
- Shall be ineligible to apply after 4 years or completion of a baccalaureate degree.
- Must be Enrolled in 12 or more units.
Bloss awards must be applied for annually. Applications are available in January, online from the “College & Scholarship” website. Make sure you are clicking on Bloss for Graduate application.
- Applications must be Submitted online on or before March 20th by midnight.
Options for sending official transcripts:
(1) Official college transcript from ALL colleges can be mailed to the high school you graduated from (see below for school addresses). This transcript must be postmarked by March 20th.
NOTE: A complete transcript must include fall semester grades.
SEND OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS TO THE HIGH SCHOOL YOU GRADUATED FROM: Listed below are the addresses and phone numbers. Please include: Attention Bloss Committee.
Please Note: THE APPLICATION CANNOT BE SAVED. Before you start the application, complete a BRIEF essay (maximum of 3000 characters). Prompt: Please type a brief description of your future plans; both academic and vocational. Also indicate any other pertinent information that would be helpful to the selection committee.
If you change colleges, contact Theresa Nichols at 325-2036 or email: email@example.com
DISBURSEMENT OF AWARDS
- Awards for community college are disbursed in the amount of $300 per year.
- Awards granted to a student attending a four-year institution or vocational program vary depending on available funds (ranging from $500 to $2000).
- Awards will be disbursed in two equal payments annually (September and February) to the financial aid office of the college you are attending.
- The first one-half of the award will be disbursed in September and sent to the College you noted on the application.
- College will verify full time enrollment of 12 or more units.
- The second one-half will be disbursed upon verification of enrollment by the college in February
- Completion of 12 or more units for the immediately preceding semester or quarter with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Bloss awards shall not be made to students where the receipt of such award would reduce the amounts of awards from other sources.
- For questions or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PREVIOUS HIGH SCHOOL IN THE EMAIL.