FRED B. FANCHER AG SCHOLARSHIP OPENS
Fred B. Fancher scholarships are granted annually to qualified Merced Union High School District students who have demonstrated an interest in the broad field of agriculture and who wish to pursue a course of study, directly or indirectly related to that field. An Agriculture major is defined as a program of related courses, successful completion of which, along with other requirements, is recognized by award of the appropriate degree. A major includes courses required by the department level prerequisites to the courses so required. Veterinary Medicine, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Chemistry, etc. are acceptable majors.
For a list of acceptable majors. To begin application see below.
- The student shall maintain a 2.5 GPA in one of the Merced Union High School District’s agriculture programs during their senior year or a 2.5 GPA in college.
- The student must enroll in an accredited California college and complete twelve (12) semester units each semester or 12 quarter units per quarter, based on a three quarter system.
- Awards are currently made in the amount of $1,500* for those student enrolling in a 4-year accredited California university or college and $750* if enrolling in an accredited California community college. *The amount awarded shall depend upon the availability of funds as determined by the Fancher Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants may reapply each year and receive the scholarship for up to a maximum of 4 years.
- On or about May 15th, applicants will be notified of the award amount or the reason for denial.
- Application is available after December 1, online at MUHSD.org and must be submitted by the March 21, deadline.
- The APPLICATION CANNOT BE SAVED.Before you start the application, complete a brief essay of your future plans and ambitions and what led to your interest in agriculture (250-300 words or less).
- Completed online Fred B. Fancher application
- An Official High School Transcript (7 semesters) or if a college applicant, Official College Transcript(s) of all colleges attended by the application deadline.
- For High School Seniors and initial College Applicants only, you must include a Recommendation Statement from an Ag Teacher.
- RECOMMENDATION SHEET
- Applicant's are responsible for seeing that transcripts are received by the deadline date.
Send Recommendation sheet and transcript's by the Deadline of
Mail to: MUHSD C/O Fancher Scholarship P.O Box 2147 Merced, CA 95344
Hand Deliver to: MUHSD C/O Fancher Scholarship 3105 G Street, Merced, CA 95340
If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Perez at (209) 325-2131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you change colleges after May 25th, Contact Theresa Nichols @ email@example.com