- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with MUHSD Program Manager (Foster and Homeless Youth).
- Engage, advise and provide resources for students, primarily foster youth, then, homeless youth and other students as referred by school staff.
- Assist with development and presentation of workshops for regularly scheduled Foster Youth/ advocate meetings.
- Make appropriate referrals to internal student support services. For example, nurse, Sierra Vista clinician, counselor.
- Foster Youth Advocate- meet with each foster youth once a month to provide youth leadership development (assist in access to school and community activities), promote achievement goals (review academic progress), and provide
- Act as a resource to site community liaisons to provide referrals to community agencies to meet the needs of parents, students and the community, on request.
- Make referrals to outside agencies based on community resource list. Update list with new community agencies.
- Indirectly provide support for staff as needed to supply community resource information.