California Education Code authorizes schools to hold students and parents liable for damage to, or loss of school property loaned to the student. Students are expected to maintain Chromebooks and other school devices in good condition and may be charged for repairs or replacement at the school's discretion. Below are some tips and videos to help students properly care for their devices.
- Do not hold your Chromebook by the screen and close the Chromebook when you carry it around.
- Don't have food or drink around your Chromebook. Wash your hands after you eat and before you use your Chromebook.
- Don't stack books or other items on your Chromebook. If your Chromebook is in your backpack, be careful when you set it down.
- Don't put stickers on or decorate your Chromebook. Only your name sticker should be on your Chromebook.
- DO NOT CHARGE YOUR PHONE FROM YOUR CHROMEBOOK
Always keep your Chromebook in your Possession
- Don't loan your Chromebook to your friends or brothers/ sisters
- Don't take your Chromebook to the bathroom
- Don't leave your Chromebook out in the locker room-leave it in your locker or make sure it is locked up
- Be careful with your Chromebook at lunch-make sure to keep it in your possession or put it in your locker
- Don't leave your Chromebook in your locker overnight or weekends take it home and charge it!
- Don't share your locker with your friends
Your Chromebook is your Responsibility